helloworld.exe crashes

Aug 4, 2015 at 2:11 PM
Hi,

I am trying to go through the example in the readme, but the generated helloworld.exe crashes when run. I am fairly sure i followed the instructions exactly.

The error is:
"The procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could be be located in the dynamic link library"

What am i doing wrong?

I am using IL2C.exe (13072015) if that helps.
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2015 at 12:20 PM
you need to download right gcc, use urls on this website or find gcc which supports DWARF (i686-4.9.2-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1)
Aug 5, 2015 at 12:44 PM
Thank you for the answer. I am using the version linked in the documentation as far as i can tell ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/4.8.2/threads-posix/dwarf/i686-4.8.2-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev4.7z/download ).

gcc -v reports: gcc version 4.8.2 (i686-posix-dwarf-rev4, Built by MinGW-W64 project) . But sounds like there is newer version (as you mention i686-4.9.2-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1)?
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2015 at 9:29 PM
It is not really big difference between versions but your error tells me that you have issue with gcc which is not DWARF and thus it does not have library with needed entry or your are not adding -std=-lstdc++ to your command line to compile. Sometimes it maybe a result of clashes in different versions of c++ compilers (for example gcc and clang). So check you PATH variable in the system and clean it up
Aug 6, 2015 at 11:32 AM
I am copy-pasting the command-line from csnative.codeplex.com front page documentation (which includes -std=-lstdc++ ):
g++ -o helloworld.exe helloworld.cpp CoreLib.cpp -lstdc++ -lgcmt-lib -march=i686 -L .
I only have one gcc.exe on my system (locatedin C:\Program Files\mingw32\bin). When run (from anywhere, its part of path) it reports:
gcc version 4.8.2 (i686-posix-dwarf-rev4, Built by MinGW-W64 project)
I do have clang on the path (emscripten install does that). Are you worried that its picking up the stdc from another compiler?
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2015 at 11:47 AM
I do have clang on the path (emscripten install does that). Are you worried that its picking up the stdc from another compiler?
I really believe this is what is happening