Corelib variant?

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:13 PM
Could you please clarify what variant of corelib is included in the project source code?

I have noticed .NET Micro Framework was mentioned in a discussion and at least one of the source files, but not the rest - are you working on including NETMF corelib?
Jan 19, 2015 at 7:15 AM
Hello,
Thank you for your question.
I will make a documentation page with a list of supported namespaces.

I'm am currently working on including .net core and will reply to this thread once I have finished.

If you have any more questios feel free to ask.

FuseTheCoder
Kind regards
Jan 19, 2015 at 7:41 AM
Thank you for your answer.

The documentation of supported namespaces will be helpful, of course, but I was mainly asking to have rough overview of the corelib source and license - for example something like "the current corelib is based on XXX, with a few modifications (StringBuilder from .NET Micro Framework)". It seems not to be based on Mono; and some files mention Apache 2.0 license, but many others do not.

Including .NET Core is very useful, but its currently available source is still missing many namespaces, which you've already implemented in your project, so the result is going to be your original corelib + StringBuilder from .NET MF (?) + .NET Core (?)
Coordinator
Jan 19, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Edited Jan 19, 2015 at 12:28 PM
Originally I was using Mscorlib source code from Micro Framework so all sources were Apache 2.0 licensed for Corelib. But I was planning to use Mscorlib.dll as the source for Corlib but it has a lot of dependencies on VM and required some modifications which I was planning to fix in compiler but it is taking too much time and effort to do it via compiler when it is easier to fix it in source code (I was thinking to reflect Mscorlib and fix issues and create Corlib from it). I had a look at .NET Core but it is almost bare.

I am waiting for FuseTheCoder to see what he has (maybe I do not need to work on Corlib anymore). and BTW you can have your own Corelib if you want.

Regards
Alex
Jan 19, 2015 at 12:04 PM
AlexDev wrote:
Originally I was using Mscorlib source code from Micro Framework ...

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

...and BTW you can have your own Corlib if you want.

Yes - I have nothing against the corelib included in the project, just needed to know what it is :)

Thanks.